The ABCs of a VPN
Here's a typical definition:
A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, is a technology that allows you to set up a private, secure connection to another network, generally in another country.
Here's what you need to know.
- A VPN is an online, web-based program. You open up a personal VPN account online in a few minutes.
- Before you go the Internet, you first log into your VPN account to “connect.”
- A VPN picks up your Internet connection and gives you a new IP address and a "seemingly" new location.
- Then you do what you normally do. Shop. Email. Bank. Blog. Chat.
- It's that easy. And you're protected from identity thieves and prying eyes.
With your VPN account you’ll be totally under the radar, sending encrypted data, controlling what you get to see.